-   -   How do I concactinate two columns of digits? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49824-how-do-i-concactinate-two-columns-digits.html)

OMKP

How do I concactinate two columns of digits?

I have a column of about 1500 phone numbers (with various area codes amongst
them). I now need to add the country code in front of each number. Rather
than type it into each cell, someone mentioned to me that there is a
"concactinate" feature in Excel that I could use. Apparently it fuses two
columns together.

I could find no help in Excel, is there anybody out there who might know how
to accomplish this 'concactination'? Thank you for your help in advance.

Ian

=CONCATENATE(A1,B1)

--
Ian
--
"OMKP" wrote in message
I have a column of about 1500 phone numbers (with various area codes
amongst
them). I now need to add the country code in front of each number. Rather
than type it into each cell, someone mentioned to me that there is a
"concactinate" feature in Excel that I could use. Apparently it fuses two
columns together.

I could find no help in Excel, is there anybody out there who might know
how
to accomplish this 'concactination'? Thank you for your help in advance.

Duke Carey

If all the phone #s get the same prefix, such as "1-", and assuming your
phone #s are in col A, use this in col B

="1-"&A1

If the prefix varies from one to another, insert a new col A and put the
prefix for each phone # in that new column. Now use the formula

=A1&"-"&B1