-   -   How can I use a circular function to add 4 to a column of cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49821-how-can-i-use-circular-function-add-4-column-cells.html)

Tricia

How can I use a circular function to add 4 to a column of cells?

I'm using excel for my gradebook & would like to use this function to curve
scores.

Niek Otten

Hi Tricia,

I think you'll have to elaborate quite a bit more on what you're trying to
achieve, if you want to get any help.

Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Tricia" wrote in message
I'm using excel for my gradebook & would like to use this function to
curve
scores.

Tricia

OK-
I have a column of test grades and what I want to do is add 4 to each grade
in the column. So, for instance if I have the number 80 in U5, I want to be
able to say U5+4 and have it return the number 84. Then I want to copy the
function to the entire column.

"Tricia" wrote in message
I'm using excel for my gradebook & would like to use this function to
curve
scores.

Niek Otten

Format an empty cell as number. Enter the number 4. EditCopy
Select your numbers. EditPaste special, check Add

Kind regards,

Niek Otten