-   -   Limit on number of conditions? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49810-limit-number-conditions.html)

Amy F.

Limit on number of conditions?

Using Excel 2002, I'm looking for help with creating an if, then formula. I
have 10 conditions to check but it appears that formula won't allow me to
enter more than 7. Any suggestions?

JE McGimpsey

hard to tell what might work, since you don't give much description.

Conditionals with more than a few conditions can nearly always be
simplified (and made easier to maintain!) using either calculations or
lookups.

OTOH, you may be able to use the technique he

http://cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm

In article ,
Amy F. <Amy wrote:

Using Excel 2002, I'm looking for help with creating an if, then formula. I
have 10 conditions to check but it appears that formula won't allow me to
enter more than 7. Any suggestions?

Lilliabeth

7 is the max. You haven't really given enough info, but often people
use nested IFs when VLookup would work better, so look in Help for that
function.

--
Lilliabeth
Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27741

Amy F.

Thanks to you both - I was asking for someone else, so sorry for the limited
info. You answered it, though!