-   -   return a range of cells from a vertical lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49743-return-range-cells-vertical-lookup.html)

vickyb_au

return a range of cells from a vertical lookup

I would like to know if I can return a range of cells (up to 30 columns to
the right of the lookup) when using vertical lookup forula?????

Barb Reinhardt

To the best of my knowledge, VLOOKUP only returns one value.

"vickyb_au" wrote in message
I would like to know if I can return a range of cells (up to 30 columns to
the right of the lookup) when using vertical lookup forula?????

Alvin

use array VLOOKUP

the formula looks like :
=VLOOKUP([key],[find in range],{2,3,4,...,31},0)

suppose you the VLOOKUP result in A10:AD10. So select A10:AD10, type the
formula above, press Ctrl+Shift+ENTER.