-   -   How NOT to extend formula/refrence to a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49437-how-not-extend-formula-refrence-cell.html)

[email protected]

How NOT to extend formula/refrence to a cell

Hi
One of the cells( of sheet2) of my excel has formula as =Sheet1!C2
I want the next (say 30 ) cells to have the same formula =Sheet1!C2.
I dont want excel to automatically change the refrence to C3,C4,C5.....

Turning off toolsoptionseditextend data range formats and formula
Doesnt help. Can someone help me out.
Thanks in advance...Pankaj

Dave Peterson

You could use:

=sheet1!$c$2

And drag down.

Or you could just use a formula that points at that first formula:

If you have =Sheet1!c2 in A1
then just use =$a$1

Then you only have one formula that points back to that other sheet--if/when you
want to change it.

--

Dave Peterson

Pankaj