-   -   Apportioning revenue (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49369-apportioning-revenue.html)

Chris Lane

Apportioning revenue

macropod Wrote:
Hi Chris,

You data layout suggests row 1 is a header row, and that you need the
formula to calculate item revenues to go in Column F. I assume that,
below 'Product A' you'd have a listing for Product B, C etc, and that
one of the rows for each product records the Product Volume and Product
Revenue (columns C & E, respectively). In that case, the following
formula, entered into F2 and copied down as far as you need, will
apportion the revenue for each product:
=D2/SUMIF(A:A,A2,C:C)*SUMIF(A:A,A2,E:E)
Note that I haven't used any rounding, so the result for a given item
might not come out to an exact number number of dollars & cents. If you
need it, you can wrap a rounding function around this formula.

Cheers

Thanks very much indeed for the reply, and the answer!!

Kind regards

--
Chris Lane