-   -   counting results of a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49283-counting-results-list.html)

ferde

counting results of a list

I have to make an electronic schedule for nurses which includes both day and
nite shifts . I have used the "list" function and it quickly sorts out only
the day shift for me but it still gives me the wrong total now because it is
still counting the nite shift crew in the numbers.
day day
pm day
day total = 4
pm
total = 4

Bob Phillips

What is the list function? Are you counting from the extracted data?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ferde" wrote in message
I have to make an electronic schedule for nurses which includes both day

and
nite shifts . I have used the "list" function and it quickly sorts out

only
the day shift for me but it still gives me the wrong total now because it

is
still counting the nite shift crew in the numbers.
day day
pm day
day total = 4
pm
total = 4

Ashish Mathur

Hi,

Not sure by what you mean ny saying "list function" but you can use the
countif function (Help available in Excel).

Regards,

Ashish Mathur