-   -   Why is my formula appearing in the cell not the value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48936-why-my-formula-appearing-cell-not-value.html)

smithers2002

Why is my formula appearing in the cell not the value?

My formula calculation appears in the cell rather than the result/value- why
is this happening, and how can I stop this?

Thanks

bj

check if the cell is formated as text
check to see if <tools<options<view has formulas checked.

if it is still showing the formula
select the equals sign and replace it.
If noe of thes work, I don't know

"smithers2002" wrote:

My formula calculation appears in the cell rather than the result/value- why
is this happening, and how can I stop this?

Thanks

Duke Carey

If it's the entire spreadsheet that is behaving that way, press the Ctrl-~
(Ctrl-tilde) key combination. If it's a single cell or range of cells, they
are formatted as Text. Change their format to some Number format, using the
Format-Cells menu options

"smithers2002" wrote:

My formula calculation appears in the cell rather than the result/value- why
is this happening, and how can I stop this?

Thanks

[email protected]

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 04:09:02 -0700, smithers2002
wrote:

My formula calculation appears in the cell rather than the result/value- why
is this happening, and how can I stop this?

ThankI am not sure why it does it but when it happens to me, I highlight the cells that I want to put the formula in and select EDIT - CLEAR - ALL and then enter the formula and it works. You may have to re-do the formatting.