-   -   Excel vs. calculator multiplication product discrepancy... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48873-excel-vs-calculator-multiplication-product-discrepancy.html)

Jray

Excel vs. calculator multiplication product discrepancy...

I'm experiencing a slight rounding error in comparing the Excel product of
simple multiplication equations versus the product achieved using a
calculator! Anyone know for certain how to adjust Excel to mirror the
calculator?

Niek Otten

Details, please.
What formulas, what values, what did your calculator give, what did Excel
give you and what do you consider right and why?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jray" wrote in message
I'm experiencing a slight rounding error in comparing the Excel product of
simple multiplication equations versus the product achieved using a
calculator! Anyone know for certain how to adjust Excel to mirror the
calculator?

bj

what is the number of significant figures in the calulator?
addtionally for some fuctions, probably different algorithms were used in
the calculator than Excel.

"Jray" wrote:

I'm experiencing a slight rounding error in comparing the Excel product of
simple multiplication equations versus the product achieved using a
calculator! Anyone know for certain how to adjust Excel to mirror the
calculator?

Jray

I've discovered my user error, reducing decimal places mid-equation... thank
you for you earnest efforts and assistance interest.
-John