-   -   Password protecting a worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48864-password-protecting-worksheet.html)

[email protected]

Password protecting a worksheet

Hi all,

I am trying to find out whether it is possible to password protect a
worksheet within a workbook.

I have 3 worksheets in my workbook and want to allow the user access to
2 of them. The 3rd one I dont want to allow the user any access (not
even to view the contents) unless they have a password.

Is this possible?

Many thanks

swatsp0p

Hide your desired sheet, Protect the workbook with a password (don't
lose the password). Save the file, close the file, reopen the file.
You now need to unprotect the workbook to be able to unhide the sheet.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473540

Harlan Grove

wrote...
I am trying to find out whether it is possible to password protect a
worksheet within a workbook.

If you had checked online help, entering either password or protect as
the search term, you would have had an answer much sooner.

Tools Protection Protect Sheet...