-   -   how do I sum using 3 reference columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48204-how-do-i-sum-using-3-reference-columns.html)

tw5633

how do I sum using 3 reference columns?

How do I get a total sum if I am using 3 columns for references? I am trying
to get total sales by salesperson with columns regarding salesperson (Column
I), sales status (Column N), and $ Amount (Column L). How do I get the total
$ Amount for each salesperson?
i.e.
I L N
Salesman $ Amount Status
DP 15000 S
PR 10000 P
DP 1000 P
PR 500 S

Biff

See replies to your previos posts.

Biff

"tw5633" wrote in message
How do I get a total sum if I am using 3 columns for references? I am
trying
to get total sales by salesperson with columns regarding salesperson
(Column
I), sales status (Column N), and $ Amount (Column L). How do I get the
total
$ Amount for each salesperson?
i.e.
I L N
Salesman $ Amount Status
DP 15000 S
PR 10000 P
DP 1000 P
PR 500 S

JMB

=SUMPRODUCT(--($I$2:$I$5="DP"),--($N2:N$5="S"), $L$2:$L$5)

adjust the ranges as necessary. also "DP" and "S" can be replaced with cell
references that contain the name and status for which you are looking.

"tw5633" wrote:

How do I get a total sum if I am using 3 columns for references? I am trying
to get total sales by salesperson with columns regarding salesperson (Column
I), sales status (Column N), and $ Amount (Column L). How do I get the total
$ Amount for each salesperson?
i.e.
I L N
Salesman $ Amount Status