-   -   Allow the use of the fx wizard within the fx wizard for nesting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48182-allow-use-fx-wizard-within-fx-wizard-nesting.html)

Ron

Allow the use of the fx wizard within the fx wizard for nesting

I am sure I remember this capability in a previous version of Excel, possibly
95. You could use the funtion wizard from within the function wizard. This
allowed you to easily nest functions. I could select a new function as one
of the paramaters of the first function. The dialog box for each sucsessive
funtion would allow me to easily nest function to several levels. I am
confused as to why it seems to be missing from every version of Excel since
then. Also selecting the function wizard on a nested function would allow
you to edit at all levels. I would love to see this capability again. Excel
is the most useful tool microsoft makes. This would make it even better.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Bernard Liengme

What version are you using? In XL2003 the fx symbol is just to the left of
the Formula Bar and it calls up the Function Palette.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme