davidbev008

Default updating one spreadsheet with another problem

I have 2 excel spreadsheets, A and B. Each contain products that have prices.
I need to update one of the spreadsheets (A) with the prices from the other
(B). Here is the problem, spreadsheet A has 500 products and spreadsheet B
has 1000 products. I only to update the prices based on the 500 products in
spreadsheet A. In other words, have excel search through spreadsheet B (1000
products) and update spreadsheet A (500 products) prices.
Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Ragdyer

Use the Vlookup() function.

This assumes that the products in Sheet1 and Sheet2 are *exactly* the same.
That means spelling, or if they're product numbers, they must all be the
same format.
If you imported *one* of these lists, I would bet that they will not be
exact matches, but you have to start somewhere, so try this:

Sheet1(A)
Products are in Column A, from A2 to A500

Sheet2(B)
Products are in Column A, prices are in Column B, from A2 to B1000

Enter this formula in B2 of Sheet1:

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$1000,2,0)

And copy down as needed.

--