-   -   How do Multiply whole numbers by decimals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48065-how-do-multiply-whole-numbers-decimals.html)

help

How do Multiply whole numbers by decimals

My excel worksheet will not multiply any formula with decimals

David Billigmeier

Are you getting an error value or is the output value just wrong?

Dave

"help" wrote:

My excel worksheet will not multiply any formula with decimals

Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:41:02 -0700, "help"
wrote:

My excel worksheet will not multiply any formula with decimals

What are your Windows regional settings? (e.g. Start/Control Panel/Regional
Options/Customize/Numbers and look at the
Decimal Symbol
Digit Grouping Symbol
--ron

Karsen

Are you getting an error message when you try to input, say:

=55*.1 ?

If so, try entering:

=55*0.1 instead

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:41:02 -0700, "help"
brought to our attention:

My excel worksheet will not multiply any formula with decimals