-   -   How do I use the TODAY function with the SUMIF function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48064-how-do-i-use-today-function-sumif-function.html)

Lisa B.

How do I use the TODAY function with the SUMIF function?

How do I use the TODAY() formula in the SUMIF function?
I'm tracking training time and I want to sum only the hours completed, not
the hours to be completed.
Example:
1/2/2005 5
3/22/2005 3
10/9/2005 4
11/1/2005 5
8
I have tried =SUMIF(A2:A6,"TODAY()",B2:B7) and I have tried entering the
TODAY function into another cell and referencing that cell in the SUMIF
function (i.e =SUMIF(A2:A6,"E6",B2:B7).

I cannot seem to find the correct way to make this work. Any help/advice
would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Lisa B.

David Billigmeier

You're Close...

=SUMIF(A2:A6,""&E6,B2:B7)

Dave

"Lisa B." wrote:

How do I use the TODAY() formula in the SUMIF function?
I'm tracking training time and I want to sum only the hours completed, not
the hours to be completed.
Example:
1/2/2005 5
3/22/2005 3
10/9/2005 4
11/1/2005 5
8
I have tried =SUMIF(A2:A6,"TODAY()",B2:B7) and I have tried entering the
TODAY function into another cell and referencing that cell in the SUMIF
function (i.e =SUMIF(A2:A6,"E6",B2:B7).

I cannot seem to find the correct way to make this work. Any help/advice
would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Lisa B.

Lisa B.