-   -   How do I change fill color in excel based on data in the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47826-how-do-i-change-fill-color-excel-based-data-cell.html)

Jason Southco

How do I change fill color in excel based on data in the cell

I am trying to create a check list. What I want is when a task is not done,
ie blank, the cell fill color is yellow. When it is done, the cell color goes
back to none. This is to help make the spreadsheet more visible in accordance
to company policies. Any ideas?

Gord Dibben

Jason

Conditional Formatting from the Format menu.

Formula is =ISBLANK(cellref)

Pick a color and OK your way out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP