-   -   cell color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47676-cell-color.html)

David NL

cell color

Hello best excellers.
I have a sheet for my empolyees with the days on which they should work.
I want to change the color of the cell automatically to blue whenever I put
a " v " (vacation) in it and it should work voor all the cells.

Sorry for my bad English if it is not understandabl.

Thanks in advance

David

Anne Troy

Select all the cells, then hit Format--Conditional formatting, David.
Choose Cell Value = and type a V into the box.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"David NL" <David wrote in message
Hello best excellers.
I have a sheet for my empolyees with the days on which they should work.
I want to change the color of the cell automatically to blue whenever I
put
a " v " (vacation) in it and it should work voor all the cells.

Sorry for my bad English if it is not understandabl.

Thanks in advance

David

Ray A

One way:
Highlight the range containing the data. With cell A1 active
FormatConditional FormatingChange cell value is to formula is enter
=a1="v" click the format.... button and select the color blue.
HTH