-   -   what is the maximum no of formula's in 1 spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47621-what-maximum-no-formulas-1-spreadsheet.html)

chris warrington

what is the maximum no of formula's in 1 spreadsheet?

I have a large spreadsheet that I am informed may "fall over" due to the no
of formula's in it - how can I tell when it is getting to the limit of its
maximum no of formula's?

Dave Peterson

I've never had a workbook "fall over" because of the number of formulas on the
worksheets.

I have it slow to a crawl with large numbers of formulas, though. Usually they
were =vlookup()'s dragged down a giant column and a table that was very, very
large.

But I'm not sure what "fall over" means, either.

You may want to visit Charles Williams' web site:
http://www.DecisionModels.com/calcsecrets.htm

He has a few tips that may help.

--

Dave Peterson