-   -   VLOOKUP across merged cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47466-vlookup-across-merged-cells.html)

WAR

VLOOKUP across merged cells

I have a VLOOKUP formula which matches values in 'Col A' to a spreadsheet
which, when opened, the values in 'Col A' are merged across A,B,&C. The only
values which are returned are those whose entire name is within 'Col A'.
Those which extend (merge) over columns B & C are not recognized.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Myrna Larson

Another example of problems created by merged cells. Unmerge them. Try the
horizontal alignment CenterAcrossColumns to create the same visual effect
without the problems.