-   -   Count and Count if funtions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47308-count-count-if-funtions.html)

Debi

Count and Count if funtions

My previous question perhaps was not worded correctly.
What is the specific text for using the count of countif funtions with two
criteria with both criteria to be met for the cell to be counted example

Countif A1:A5 equals f AND D1:D5 equals 0

Count A1:A5 AND D1:D5 (sum should only count one cell within the same row)

Trevor Shuttleworth

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="f")*(D1:D5=0)*(D1:D5<""))

Regards

Trevor

"Debi" wrote in message
My previous question perhaps was not worded correctly.
What is the specific text for using the count of countif funtions with two
criteria with both criteria to be met for the cell to be counted example

Countif A1:A5 equals f AND D1:D5 equals 0

Count A1:A5 AND D1:D5 (sum should only count one cell within the same
row)

David Billigmeier

Debi -
The formula's I gave in response to your last post were the exact formula's
you needed... all you have to do is copy the formula's (verbatim) and paste
into your spreadsheet.

Dave

"Debi" wrote:

My previous question perhaps was not worded correctly.
What is the specific text for using the count of countif funtions with two
criteria with both criteria to be met for the cell to be counted example

Countif A1:A5 equals f AND D1:D5 equals 0

Count A1:A5 AND D1:D5 (sum should only count one cell within the same row)

Debi

Thank you very much this saves me a great deal of timew ands reduce
redundancy. I greatly appreciate your assistance!!