-   -   How do I change a range name back to the underlying data range? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47263-how-do-i-change-range-name-back-underlying-data-range.html)

Colin

How do I change a range name back to the underlying data range?

I have inherited spreadsheets from users that were fond of naming ranges
using the Insert, Name, Create function, and a lot of formuls incorporate the
names in them. My problem is that I can't see at a glance of the formula
what the underlying data range is (on vlookup for example), and a lot of
these named ranges reference other named ranges, only to all lead back to one
data source.

Is there a way to replace the name in the formulas (quickly without the
obvious copy/paste, find/replace or redoing all formulas) with the actual
reference to the data source?

Ron Coderre

Since range names, used properly, make spreadsheet work easier, you might try
this before you go replacing them:

Add a new sheet to the workbook, then:
InsertNamesPaste
Click the [Paste List] button

That will create a listing of range names and the what they refer to.

Does that help?
Ron