-   -   New Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/47179-new-worksheet.html)

DLee

New Worksheet

I have created a database containing names, addresses, tel no etc etc.

I need to create a "new" worksheet (I think!) - this is where I need guidance.

The next worksheet will only contain name, organisation & Email address. Do I

(a) just add another worksheet to my existing workbook using the same
headings but obviously leaving those categories blank (ie address, tel no).
Or

(b) would it be better to create a separate workbook just for Emails. The
idea is that a Newsletter would be sent out to those on the Email list.

I am assuming that if I enter the information on my existing workbook, it
should be relatively easy to select which fields/information I require when
merging with a Newsletter document. I have never done this type of thing
before and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Roger Govier

Hi

When carrying out a mailmerge, it is relatively easy to make selections as
to which records you want included, so your single sheet should be fine.

However, if you did want the data on another sheet, then right click on the
sheet tab, select create copy, then just delete the columns you don't require.

Regards

Roger Govier