-   -   summing data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46810-summing-data.html)

Roxy

summing data

Working with excel in accounting, I used to just highlight the data (numbers)
and would see a quick sum of the highlighted data on the very bottom gray
area of excel. It dissapeared. How do I retrieve?
Thank you so much!

Don Guillett

1. make sure the status bar is showing by viewclick by status bar
2. try it
3. if not right click on status barselect sum instead of none

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Roxy" wrote in message
Working with excel in accounting, I used to just highlight the data

(numbers)
and would see a quick sum of the highlighted data on the very bottom gray
area of excel. It dissapeared. How do I retrieve?
Thank you so much!

KL

right-clic on the Status bar (where it used to appear) and choose the
required magnitude.

Regards,
KL

"Roxy" wrote in message
Working with excel in accounting, I used to just highlight the data
(numbers)
and would see a quick sum of the highlighted data on the very bottom gray
area of excel. It dissapeared. How do I retrieve?
Thank you so much!

Gary''s Student

Right-click the area where the sum used to be. Click sum when the little
menu appears.
--
Gary''s Student