-   -   day of the week entry automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46795-day-week-entry-automatically.html)

DennyD

day of the week entry automatically

I have placed the date in one cell, but I need to enter the day of the week
automatically in another cell. Got a formula?

Alan

If the date is in A1 the formula in another cell is =A1 and format that cell
as Custom ddd or dddd
Regards,
Alan
"DennyD" wrote in message
I have placed the date in one cell, but I need to enter the day of the week
automatically in another cell. Got a formula?

Anne Troy

Sure. If the date is in A1, just put =A1 in the other cell. Then format the
cell to show the day instead of the date. The formula doesn't "show" the
day, the formatting of the cell does. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DennyD" wrote in message
I have placed the date in one cell, but I need to enter the day of the week
automatically in another cell. Got a formula?

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:56:18 -0700, DennyD
wrote:

I have placed the date in one cell, but I need to enter the day of the week
automatically in another cell. Got a formula?

Or, as a formula:

=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

--ron