-   -   Set value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46600-set-value.html)

Jason

Set value

Okay so heres what my workbook does thus far. I set the value in e3 by
looking up the text in b3 in a table array on the second sheet. I
would like to put this value in d3 if it is not zero. If it is zero I
want the user to be able to enter something into cell d3. But I don't
want the user to delete the formula in d3 so I would like to put it in
f3. Is this possible, or is there an easier way? Am I just over
thinking?

Gary''s Student

You are right on the mark!

In D3 put:

=IF((E3=0),F3,E3)

So it's use E3 unless its zero. Then use F3
--
Gary''s Student

"Jason" wrote:

Okay so heres what my workbook does thus far. I set the value in e3 by
looking up the text in b3 in a table array on the second sheet. I
would like to put this value in d3 if it is not zero. If it is zero I
want the user to be able to enter something into cell d3. But I don't
want the user to delete the formula in d3 so I would like to put it in
f3. Is this possible, or is there an easier way? Am I just over
thinking?

Jason

I know that I could do that, but that requires the user of the
woorkbook to delete the formula. I would like the formula itself to be
in f3 and when e3 is zero the value in d3 will be user entered.