-   -   Can Vlookup look for values in another worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46395-can-vlookup-look-values-another-worksheet.html)

tapaspanda

Can Vlookup look for values in another worksheet

Can anyone help on this? I am trying to use vlookup function to look for
value in another worksheet. But is doesn't work. Is it supposed be that
way? What is a way around to solve a problem like this?
Thanks in advance.
Tapas

--
tapaspanda
tapaspanda's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27166

Roger Govier

Hi

No reason why it shouldn't work

=VLOOKUP('Your first sheet'!A1,'Your second sheet'!$A$1:$G$100,2,0)

Change sheet references and ranges to suit.

Regards

Roger Govier