-   -   solver problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46330-solver-problem.html)

Peter Bennell

solver problem

Hi
I am trying to use Solver to optimise a plan.

I can set it all up with contraints and it says it has found a solution.
The trouble is that this is always whatever the starting point is set at. I
know that this isn't optimal.

I have tried asking it to "show itteration results" but this doesn't appear
to do anything.

Has anyone got any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Peter

Bernard Liengme

Tell us more about the problem and how you have set out the worksheet.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme