-   -   How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46321-how-sum-values-single-cell-multiple-worksheets.html)

Ratman

How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

I have a worksheet for each month and a Year total worksheet. I would like
to sum up the corresponding monthly values into the same cell on the Year
total worksheet. I seem to recall that there is a simple way to do this
but...it's been more that 10 minutes ago.

tobriant

try using the sum formula. For example if the sheets were named Jan, Feb
with values in cells A1 to A10 use =sum('Jan'!A1:A10,'Feb'!A1:A10)

--
tobriant
tobriant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25155

Gary''s Student

Let's say you monthly worksheets were name jan, feb, mar,....and year was the
yearly sheet. Your formula for A1 in the year sheet would be:

=jan!A1+feb!A1+mar!A1.....
--
Gary''s Student

"Ratman" wrote:

I have a worksheet for each month and a Year total worksheet. I would like
to sum up the corresponding monthly values into the same cell on the Year
total worksheet. I seem to recall that there is a simple way to do this
but...it's been more that 10 minutes ago.

Gord Dibben

Rat

Enter in your Grand Total cell in sheet1.

=SUM(sheet2:sheet5!B4)

Alternative, which most prefer and lends itself to flexibility in naming,
deleting and moving sheets.

Insert a dummy sheet to the right of the Grand Total sheet. Name it Start

Insert a dummy sheet at end of sheets. Name it End.

In Grand Total sheet enter =SUM(Start:End!B4)

When inserting new sheets make sure they are inserted between Start and End
sheets.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP