-   -   multiple criteria in if or sumproduct (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46190-multiple-criteria-if-sumproduct.html)

tbird0566

multiple criteria in if or sumproduct

I am trying to set up a leave time report for people to use. The format
is below:

Date Type or Leave Hours Taken
07/01/2005 A 8
07/15/2005 A 6
08/15/2005 S 5
etc etc etc

I need a formula to look at the date and find all leave taken for a
specific type of leave for the month and then total the hours taken for
that month. For instance, in the above example 14 hours for the month
of July. I only need the result of 14.
Please help. :)

--
tbird0566
tbird0566's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27375

Aladin Akyurek

Let A1:C4 house the sample you provided.

In E2 enter: 1-Jul-2005

which you might want to format as Jul-05 for display purposes.

In F2 enter: A

which is a type value.

In G2 enter:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A44-DAY($A$2:$A$4)+1=E2),--($B$2:$B$4=F2),$C$2:$C$4)

tbird0566 wrote:
I am trying to set up a leave time report for people to use. The format
is below:

Date Type or Leave Hours Taken