-   -   automatically close hyperlink with back button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/46111-automatically-close-hyperlink-back-button.html)

Holly Williams

automatically close hyperlink with back button

In excel, I have hyperlinks in a main worksheet that link to a secondary
worksheet. Once the user is done viewing secondary worksheet, I 'd like the
back button to return the user to the main worksheet and close the secondary
worksheet. How do I get the back button to automatically close the secondary
worksheet before returning to the main worksheet.

Anne Troy

Holly: Do you mean workBOOK and not workSHEET? If you really mean workSHEET,
what do you mean by "close"?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Holly Williams" <Holly wrote in message
In excel, I have hyperlinks in a main worksheet that link to a secondary
worksheet. Once the user is done viewing secondary worksheet, I 'd like
the
back button to return the user to the main worksheet and close the
secondary
worksheet. How do I get the back button to automatically close the
secondary
worksheet before returning to the main worksheet.

Holly Williams

Yes, workbook. In my primary workbook, the hyperlinks link to another
workbook. Using the web toolbar, I want to use the back button to return to
the primary workbook. Currently, once a hyperlink is opened, the window stays
open even after the back button is used to return to the primary workbook.
I'd like these windows to close so I don't have a whole bunch of open
documents.