-   -   converting number string to number with decimal (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/45657-converting-number-string-number-decimal.html)

rortiz

converting number string to number with decimal

I have a file that contains a number string with leading zeros. I want
convert it to a number and make the last 2 digits cents.

Example:

000000000193506 to 1935.06

Can this be done in Excel

Gary''s Student

If your string is in A1 then
=A1*.01 is what you want.
--
Gary''s Student

"rortiz" wrote:

I have a file that contains a number string with leading zeros. I want
convert it to a number and make the last 2 digits cents.

Example:

000000000193506 to 1935.06

Can this be done in Excel

rortiz