-   -   IF statement: how do I simply return the calculation in theconditional as one of the outcomes? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/455079-if-statement-how-do-i-simply-return-calculation-theconditional-one-outcomes.html)

David Terranova

IF statement: how do I simply return the calculation in theconditional as one of the outcomes?

For example, this is what I'm doing currently (simplified the calculation for clarity):

if(A1*B1 < 1, "", A1*B1)

This works fine but isn't there a way to simply return the calculation without having to repeat it manually as one of the returns?

MyVeryOwnSelf[_3_]

On Friday, March 19, 2021 at 9:59:21 AM UTC-7, David Terranova wrote:
For example, this is what I'm doing currently (simplified the calculation for clarity):

if(A1*B1 < 1, "", A1*B1)

This works fine but isn't there a way to simply return the calculation without having to repeat it manually as one of the returns?

Maybe this will help (using Excel 360 and Windows 10):
=LET(answer, A1*B1 , IF(answer<1, "", answer))