-   -   COUNTIF across multiple tabs in Google Sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/455055-countif-across-multiple-tabs-google-sheets.html)

Victoria Emory

COUNTIF across multiple tabs in Google Sheets

Hello,

I have 40 tabs that I am trying to summarize on tab 1 to view my students data all at once.
I am using
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'""&sheets&""'!"&"D3"),"correct response)")
but it is not working. I am trying to figure out if this is even possible with such a large number of tabs.

Claus Busch

COUNTIF across multiple tabs in Google Sheets

Hi Victoria,

Am Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:51:29 -0800 (PST) schrieb Victoria Emory:

I have 40 tabs that I am trying to summarize on tab 1 to view my students data all at once.
I am using
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'""&sheets&""'!"&"D3"),"correct response)")
but it is not working. I am trying to figure out if this is even possible with such a large number of tabs.

try:
=SUM(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(2:41)&"!D3"),"co rrect response"))
and enter the formula with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Microsoft 365 for business

Victoria Emory

COUNTIF across multiple tabs in Google Sheets

Hi,

Thank you for trying, but it is "counting" and showing 0 when I know there are more than 0 data entries.

Wilbur Chua

Hi Victoria,

The number of tabs will not affect the countif function. You can check this link out, maybe it could help:

https://www.efinancialmodels.com/kno...tion-in-excel/