-   -   Adding 2 digits of a number together (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/454967-adding-2-digits-number-together.html)

Gabriel C ZX

Adding 2 digits of a number together

Hello all, I am trying to do something simple, although my explanation may seem complicated.

2 input cells and 1 output cell.
input cells will hold 2 unique single digit numbers.
output cell to add both output cells together. I then want the output cell to add the 2 digits together and give me the final one digit number.

example 1:
Step one: 2 + 9 = 11
Step two: 1 + 1 = 2 (final output)

example 2:
Step one: 9 + 6 = 15
Step two: 1 + 5 = 6 (final output)

any gurus able to enlighten me on this please? TIA!

FxM[_3_]

Adding 2 digits of a number together

Le 16/10/2020 Ã* 17:13, Gabriel C ZX a écritÂ*:
Hello all, I am trying to do something simple, although my explanation may seem complicated.

2 input cells and 1 output cell.
input cells will hold 2 unique single digit numbers.
output cell to add both output cells together. I then want the output cell to add the 2 digits together and give me the final one digit number.

example 1:
Step one: 2 + 9 = 11
Step two: 1 + 1 = 2 (final output)

example 2:
Step one: 9 + 6 = 15
Step two: 1 + 5 = 6 (final output)

any gurus able to enlighten me on this please? TIA!

Hello Gabriel,

Not tryed :=mod(sum(...),9)

Regards
FxM

MyVeryOwnSelf[_3_]

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 8:13:19 AM UTC-7, Gabriel C ZX wrote:
Hello all, I am trying to do something simple, although my explanation may seem complicated.

2 input cells and 1 output cell.
input cells will hold 2 unique single digit numbers.
output cell to add both output cells together. I then want the output cell to add the 2 digits
together and give me the final one digit number.

This seems to work:

=MOD(A1+B1, 10) + (A1+B1 9)