-   -   Using IF Function to Recognize Highlighted Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/454935-using-if-function-recognize-highlighted-cell.html)

Blythe Richardson Smith

Using IF Function to Recognize Highlighted Cell

I am working in Google Sheets and trying to figure out if I can use the IF Function to recognize a highlighted cell and produce a formula based on the result. For instance, if cell A1 is highlighted yellow (done manually, not based on conditional formatting), then B1=(A1*5) but if A1 is not highlighted yellow then the formula doesn't apply.

TO BE CLEAR, I am not looking to highlight a cell using conditional formatting. I am looking to find a highlighted cell and base a formula off that cell.

Any suggestions on how to use an IF Function (or other function) to recognize the color of a cell? Thanks in advance!

Enrique Rivera