Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I round Up to the nearest hundred?

On Friday, July 2, 2004 at 12:42:01 AM UTC-5, aceirm wrote:
I am creating a rater and need to add two figures together, round up to nearest hundred and calc by 11%.

Step 1 Sum (A1:B1)
Step 2 Round up (so if answer to step one is 962, I need result here to be 1,000)
Step 3 multiple by 11%

Steps 1 and 3 cause no issues but I am getting totally lost with the rounding.

I'm not phased as to whether I can do this either in one formula or need 3.

All assistance appreciated

[SOLVED] I figured out how to round up to anything (nearest 100, 1000, etc.)

Here's the formula:

=(round((FORMULA TO ROUND)/1000))*1000

Where it says "FORMULA TO ROUND", input the equation that needs rounding. In both spots it says "1000", input whatever you're rounding to. In this case "1000" represents rounding up to the nearest 1000.

How that helps!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just found an even simpler solution he https://www.lifewire.com/round-numbe...-or-10-3123755