Member

Default Sum only negative numbers in the Sum Range of the SUMIF function

Hey all,

I need to return only negative numbers using the SUMIF function. I can't figure out how to add the second criteria needed to have the formula return only negative numbers. Here's my working formula:

=SUMIF($C$7:$C$2000,"paypal*",$D$7:$D$2000)

So I'm wanting to look up PayPal in column C and then return only the matching negative numbers found in column D. Then I'll need to modify the formula to return the positive numbers.

Thanks for your help,
Keyrookie
Member

Default SUMIFS Is Used for multiple criteria

Hello! For this case, we don't really use SUMIF, but rather, we use SUMIFS.

SUMIFS is used as:

=SUMIFS(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, criteria_range2, criteria2...)

so for this case, just do it the same way, then just add the criteria Range, and for criteria2, assuming A2 is the cell:

A2<-1

With that, it will only add negative numbers.

You can also check this out to learn more about SUMIFS Function in Excel.

https://www.efinancialmodels.com/kno...tion-in-excel/

Last edited by Wilbur Chua : June 23rd 21 at 04:07 PM