-   -   Can't paste into a merged cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/454389-re-cant-paste-into-merged-cell.html)

[email protected]

Can't paste into a merged cell

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002 at 12:22:01 AM UTC+3, John Dice wrote:
I have a macro that copies data from different worksheets
and pastes the data into a main sheet for printing.

In one part, the macro copies a long number from a single
(unmerged cell) on one sheet and tries to paste into a
merged cell (formerly 3 horizontal cells) on the Print
Sheet. I get an error message that says, "Cannot change
part of a merged cell."

This confuses me because I am able to copy data from the
SAME sheet and paste it into the nearby merged cell...I
just can't do it from a different sheet. Why?

Thanks

When pasting ensure u have enough cells on the sheet. I just had the same problem but adding extra cells on the sheet worked. I was pasting values that exceeded the no of cells available and the next one was a merged cell so it could not work.. i added 10 more rows above the merged cell. Hope this works..