Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying down while changing columns

In one cell I have the following formula: =COUNTA(B2:B1000). Copying down I like ti to change the column to

=COUNTA(C2:C1000)
=COUNTA(D2:D1000) and so on.

I have tried OFFSET and TRANSPOSE but can't get it to work.

Any ideaes?

Jan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jan,

Am Wed, 20 Feb 2019 04:57:16 -0800 (PST) schrieb Daddy Sage:

In one cell I have the following formula: =COUNTA(B2:B1000). Copying down I like ti to change the column to

=COUNTA(C2:C1000)
=COUNTA(D2:D1000) and so on.

for column B try:
=COUNTA(OFFSET($B$1,,ROW(A1)-1,1000))
ans copy down.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

onsdag den 20. februar 2019 kl. 14.08.16 UTC+1 skrev Claus Busch:
Hi Jan,

Am Wed, 20 Feb 2019 04:57:16 -0800 (PST) schrieb Daddy Sage:

In one cell I have the following formula: =COUNTA(B2:B1000). Copying down I like ti to change the column to

=COUNTA(C2:C1000)
=COUNTA(D2:D1000) and so on.

for column B try:
=COUNTA(OFFSET($B$1,,ROW(A1)-1,1000))
ans copy down.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

In columns b I have 6 values, in column C I have 10 values and in column C I have 8 values.

If I enter the fomular in E2 and copy down it just counts everything ad zeroes.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jan,

Am Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:29:45 -0800 (PST) schrieb Daddy Sage:

In columns b I have 6 values, in column C I have 10 values and in column C I have 8 values.

If I enter the fomular in E2 and copy down it just counts everything ad zeroes.

perhaps I misunderstood your problem.
Have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgeEvzHYYFajvtt5kWg

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

onsdag den 20. februar 2019 kl. 16.03.06 UTC+1 skrev Claus Busch:
Hi Jan,

Am Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:29:45 -0800 (PST) schrieb Daddy Sage:

In columns b I have 6 values, in column C I have 10 values and in column C I have 8 values.

If I enter the fomular in E2 and copy down it just counts everything ad zeroes.

perhaps I misunderstood your problem.
Have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgeEvzHYYFajvtt5kWg

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I have been away from the computer. But what you shows is exactly what I'm looking for. On my home computer it works exactly as it shows, but on my computer at work it counted every columns as zero. Strange as I use the same version (Excel 2016) on both comoputers.

Jan