-   -   PRODUCT Command (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/454157-product-command.html)

Rick[_40_]

PRODUCT Command

I thought I understood how to use the PRODUCT command until I saw this
formula:

{=PRODUCT(D61:D76+1)-1

I know that =PRODUCT(D61:D76) would multiply the entries in cells D61
through D76 together, but what does that +1 do that is next to the last
entry in the range?

Claus Busch

PRODUCT Command

Hi Rick,

Am Fri, 7 Sep 2018 09:53:43 -0400 schrieb Rick:

I thought I understood how to use the PRODUCT command until I saw this
formula:

{=PRODUCT(D61:D76+1)-1

I know that =PRODUCT(D61:D76) would multiply the entries in cells D61
through D76 together, but what does that +1 do that is next to the last
entry in the range?

this works only as array formula. It adds 1 to each value in the range.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Rick[_40_]

PRODUCT Command

"Claus Busch" wrote in message ...

Hi Rick,

Am Fri, 7 Sep 2018 09:53:43 -0400 schrieb Rick:

I thought I understood how to use the PRODUCT command until I saw this
formula:

{=PRODUCT(D61:D76+1)-1

I know that =PRODUCT(D61:D76) would multiply the entries in cells D61
through D76 together, but what does that +1 do that is next to the last
entry in the range?

this works only as array formula. It adds 1 to each value in the range.

Regards
Claus B.

Thanks!