-   -   Subtracting time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/454051-subtracting-time.html)

Meanie[_2_]

Subtracting time

Anyone know if there is a function for subtracting the difference
between two times, though, using negative data such as 2:51 am - 9:08
pm. Yes, I could figure it out in my head but when one has to do
hundreds of them, it's time consuming.

Thank you

Auric__

Subtracting time

Meanie wrote:

Anyone know if there is a function for subtracting the difference
between two times, though, using negative data such as 2:51 am - 9:08
pm. Yes, I could figure it out in my head but when one has to do
hundreds of them, it's time consuming.

Don't multipost. If you can't post to more than one group at a time in Google
Groups, then pick ***ONE*** that is most appropriate and post there.

Answered in microsoft.public.excel.programming.

--
I feel responsible. He's my Chinese obligation.

Roger Govier[_11_]

Subtracting time

On Monday, 9 April 2018 03:23:43 UTC+1, Auric__ wrote:
Meanie wrote:

Anyone know if there is a function for subtracting the difference
between two times, though, using negative data such as 2:51 am - 9:08
pm. Yes, I could figure it out in my head but when one has to do
hundreds of them, it's time consuming.

Don't multipost. If you can't post to more than one group at a time in Google
Groups, then pick ***ONE*** that is most appropriate and post there.

Answered in microsoft.public.excel.programming.

--
I feel responsible. He's my Chinese obligation.

Try

=MOD(A1-B1,1)

Regards
Roger