-   -   Using countif with 2 conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/45390-using-countif-2-conditions.html)

Cheryl W

Using countif with 2 conditions

I want to count the number of times the data in column a =913 AND the value
in column c is <=999. I only want to count rows in which both conditions are
true. Countif only allows for one condition so how do I accomplish this?

Don Guillett

try something like this
=sumproduct((a2:a200=913)*(c2:c200<=999))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Cheryl W" <Cheryl
wrote in message
I want to count the number of times the data in column a =913 AND the

value
in column c is <=999. I only want to count rows in which both conditions

are
true. Countif only allows for one condition so how do I accomplish this?

Paul Sheppard

Cheryl W Wrote:
I want to count the number of times the data in column a =913 AND the
value
in column c is <=999. I only want to count rows in which both
conditions are
true. Countif only allows for one condition so how do I accomplish
this?

Hi Cheryl

Try this type this formula =SUM((A1:A15=913)*(C1:C15=999)) into any
blank cell and enter as an arrayby CTRL/Shift/Enter at the same time

Change the rabges A1:A15 and C1:C15 to suit your data

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=467507