-   -   Need help with Excel auto fill dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/453879-need-help-excel-auto-fill-dates.html)

[email protected]

Need help with Excel auto fill dates

I'm trying to build a spreadsheet that will auto fill dates with an AM option and a pm option.

ideally, i would like it to show as follows

oct-22-2017-am
oct-22-2017-pm
oct-23-2017-am
oct-23-2017-pm

and so on down "a" until a set date, in this case it would be November 10th

horizontally I would have something like

[sit-ups] [push-ups] [run km] etc. The purpose would be to track 2 a day workouts for a 3 week period. any and all help would be greatly appreciated

MyVeryOwnSelf[_3_]

Need help with Excel auto fill dates

ideally, i would like it to show as follows

oct-22-2017-am
oct-22-2017-pm
oct-23-2017-am
oct-23-2017-pm

and so on down "a" until a set date, in this case it would be November 10th

horizontally I would have something like

[sit-ups] [push-ups] [run km] etc. The purpose would be to track 2 a day
workouts for a 3 week period. any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Here's one way to get close.

In A2 put the starting date, for example:
10/22/2017
and use the custom format
mmm-dd-yyyy-am/pm

In A3, put
=A2+0.5
and copy down as far as needed.

The result differs from the ideal by capitalization of a few letters.

Hope this helps getting started.