-   -   Adding Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/45312-adding-cells.html)

Kyle Sweeney

Adding Cells

I have cells that are different colors ( to represent differnt items). If i
want to make a fomula that added on the cells that were a certian color, how
would i be able to do that?

Thanks

Paul Sheppard

Kyle Sweeney Wrote:
I have cells that are different colors ( to represent differnt items).
If i
want to make a fomula that added on the cells that were a certian
color, how
would i be able to do that?

Thanks

Hi Kyle

Take a look at this, it may help

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#summing

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=467451

Bob Phillips

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kyle Sweeney" wrote in message
I have cells that are different colors ( to represent differnt items). If

want to make a fomula that added on the cells that were a certian color,

how
would i be able to do that?

Thanks

Kyle Sweeney

I am sorry but that information confused me more than i was before.....
the colors i use are yellow, red, green, white and grey
ex: if i wanted to add how many yellow were in colum 1 how would i do the
function
same for red...... green..... white ...... grey

"Kyle Sweeney" wrote in message
I have cells that are different colors ( to represent differnt items). If
i want to make a fomula that added on the cells that were a certian color,
how would i be able to do that?

Thanks

dominicb

Good morning Kyle

If the VBA issue confuses you, I have a free add in available that will
allow you to identify colours in cells and sum cells by colour - this
will avoid the need for you to use VBA and just use simple fomulas. If
you would like this, please send me an e-mail.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb