-   -   Adding a max percentage to existing formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/452965-adding-max-percentage-existing-formula.html)

JedSrq

Adding a max percentage to existing formula

I have the following example where the second column calculates 10% for every age. But when I get to an age over 5, I want the formula to only calculate a maximum percentage of 50%. How do I add this to my current formula?

Age Value
1 =(0.1*D6)*J6

Claus Busch

Adding a max percentage to existing formula

Hi,

Am Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:45:03 +0000 schrieb JedSrq:

I have the following example where the second column calculates 10% for
every age. But when I get to an age over 5, I want the formula to only
calculate a maximum percentage of 50%. How do I add this to my current
formula?

Age Value
1 =(0.1*D6)*J6

try:
=MIN(0.1*D6,0.5)*J6

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

JedSrq

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus Busch (Post 1627711)
Hi,

Am Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:45:03 +0000 schrieb JedSrq:

I have the following example where the second column calculates 10% for
every age. But when I get to an age over 5, I want the formula to only
calculate a maximum percentage of 50%. How do I add this to my current
formula?

Age Value
1 =(0.1*D6)*J6

try: