-   -   one formula to make a multiplication table work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/45274-one-formula-make-multiplication-table-work.html)

Paige

one formula to make a multiplication table work

I am looking for the one formula in the upper left hand box that can be
copied thru the worksheet to make a multiplacation table work.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

With numbers from 1 to 10 in both ranges B1:K1 and A2:A11, into cell B2
enter the formula
=$A2*B$1
, and copy to range A2:K12

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"Paige" wrote in message
I am looking for the one formula in the upper left hand box that can be
copied thru the worksheet to make a multiplacation table work.

Biff

Hi!

I assume you have 1,2,3,4 etc going down a column and across a row.

Try this:

=ROW(A1)*COLUMN(A1)

Copy across then down or down then across.

Biff

"Paige" wrote in message
I am looking for the one formula in the upper left hand box that can be
copied thru the worksheet to make a multiplacation table work.

Paige

Thank you very much, that worked.