-   -   How do I count a value if another field = a specific value? Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/45271-how-do-i-count-value-if-another-field-%3D-specific-value-excel.html)

AprilCarter

How do I count a value if another field = a specific value? Excel

I'm trying to count a specific value only if another column has a specific
value.

If column B=blue AND column I=App then count it.

I'm sure it's simple but I can't seem to find a function to make it work...
and I can't get the nested functions to work either...

April

Anne Troy

Try this, April:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"AprilCarter" wrote in message
I'm trying to count a specific value only if another column has a specific
value.

If column B=blue AND column I=App then count it.

I'm sure it's simple but I can't seem to find a function to make it
work...
and I can't get the nested functions to work either...

April

AprilCarter

THAT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try this, April:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"AprilCarter" wrote in message
I'm trying to count a specific value only if another column has a specific
value.

If column B=blue AND column I=App then count it.

I'm sure it's simple but I can't seem to find a function to make it
work...
and I can't get the nested functions to work either...

April

Anne Troy

You're welcome!