-   -   Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/45163-macro.html)

Rick Deemer

Macro

I have a database query that is refreshing every 5 minutes. What I need to
do is to save that file as a csv so that I can import the file into our
shipping software.

When I try and record a macro to "save as" and select csv, the csv file is
created but it closes out the xls and the macro that was being recorded and
the only thing that is open is the csv. So that stops my progress right
there. Being a newbie to the macro world I am having problems writing this
myself.

What I need is to have the csv created while keeping the macro open to run
every 5 minutes as well, thus updating the csv file. Is there an easier way
to accomplish what I am trying to do?