-   -   If a cell contains a text (unspicified text) then return thespecified text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/451265-if-cell-contains-text-unspicified-text-then-return-thespecified-text.html)

[email protected]

If a cell contains a text (unspicified text) then return thespecified text

Please help me the following:

A1= ABSDH (for ex.)
B1= STANDARD
C1= (if......) formula

If I have a specified text in A1 for example (absgdjj) then return back to C1 the specified text otherwise give me what contained in B1

Best regards
Rafael

Auric__

rafaeldepp.mrm wrote:

Please help me the following:

A1= ABSDH (for ex.)
B1= STANDARD
C1= (if......) formula

If I have a specified text in A1 for example (absgdjj) then return back
to C1 the specified text otherwise give me what contained in B1

Do you mean something like this?

=IF(A1="your text here",A1,B1)

--
This site is currently under retinkerative buildstruction thingmakery.

[email protected]

If a cell contains a text (unspicified text) then return thespecified text

Hi,

Thank you for responding!

My describing above was wrong. I have tried this formula, but my problem here is "your text here" is not standard text, it can be variable, I mean changeable text.

The matter is, is there any formula which i can use it for changeable text in this case?

Thank you again!

Claus Busch

If a cell contains a text (unspicified text) then return the specified text

Hi,

Am Tue, 19 Jan 2016 00:59:49 -0800 (PST) schrieb
:

My describing above was wrong. I have tried this formula, but my problem here is "your text here" is not standard text, it can be variable, I mean changeable text.

The matter is, is there any formula which i can use it for changeable text in this case?

try:

=IF(ISTEXT(A1),A1,B1)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

[email protected]

If a cell contains a text (unspicified text) then return thespecified text

That is!!!

Thank you very much!

Claus Busch

If a cell contains a text (unspicified text) then return the specified text

Hi,

Am Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:22:20 +0100 schrieb Claus Busch:

=IF(ISTEXT(A1),A1,B1)

e.g. if you have 3 strings to find in A1 you can try:

=IF(COUNT(SEARCH({"Text1";"Text2";"Text3"},A1))0, A1,B1)

Regards
Claus B.