-   -   Conditional Formatting with VLookup and Offset functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/451257-conditional-formatting-vlookup-offset-functions.html)

Phrank

Conditional Formatting with VLookup and Offset functions

Hi. I'm working with Excel 2010. I have two sheets. I have a value
in column D on Sheet1. I need to look up that value in Sheet2, column
A. If that value is there on Sheet2, I need to look at the offset
value in that row that is in column C (still on Sheet2). IF that
value is 'Need', then I need the color of the cell on Sheet1 to change
to Red. I hope that's clear enough.

So, basically it would be a VLookup with an Offset after it finds the
value. Can that formula be done, and can it be worked into
conditional formatting?

Thank you!

Frank

Claus Busch

Am Sun, 10 Jan 2016 02:33:41 -0500 schrieb Phrank:

Hi. I'm working with Excel 2010. I have two sheets. I have a value
in column D on Sheet1. I need to look up that value in Sheet2, column
A. If that value is there on Sheet2, I need to look at the offset
value in that row that is in column C (still on Sheet2). IF that
value is 'Need', then I need the color of the cell on Sheet1 to change
to Red. I hope that's clear enough.

So, basically it would be a VLookup with an Offset after it finds the
value. Can that formula be done, and can it be worked into
conditional formatting?

Thank you!

Frank

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Claus Busch

Conditional Formatting with VLookup and Offset functions

Hi Frank,

Am Sun, 10 Jan 2016 02:33:41 -0500 schrieb Phrank:

Hi. I'm working with Excel 2010. I have two sheets. I have a value
in column D on Sheet1. I need to look up that value in Sheet2, column
A. If that value is there on Sheet2, I need to look at the offset
value in that row that is in column C (still on Sheet2). IF that
value is 'Need', then I need the color of the cell on Sheet1 to change
to Red. I hope that's clear enough.

in Sheet1 select your data in column D from D1 on downwards = CF =
Formula to determine... :
=VLOOKUP(D1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,3,0)="Need"
and choose the red fill color

Regards
Claus B.